Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

July Birchbox


Hey there! I'm on a roll, two blog posts in one day?! I wanted to share my experience with Birchbox and the samples that I received this month. Here we go...!


What Is Birchbox?
"Birchbox delivers the best products and the best insider secrets, without any fuss. Every month Birchbox members will receive a curated box of luxe beauty samples. Each box will span beauty categories and deliver exciting products that fit into both your day-to-day routine, and into those days when you want to turn up the drama a notch."


First Thoughts
I had never heard of Birchbox until this past June and I decided quite quickly to sign up! Now I have to admit, I've heard mixed reviews on Birchbox and didn't set my expectations too high. I had heard a ton of Youtubers and Bloggers talking about how great the July Birchbox was going to be and how it was going to be full of Cynthia Rowley's favorite products. Signing up ended up being a nightmare and took two days and numerous calls to Birchbox (the costumer service is AMAZING!). My box shipped out two weeks after I signed up and arrived in the mall not too long after.


I love the cover sleeve on the box!!

When you First open the box you will find a card that has a little message from the company on one side and a list and description of the products on the other side.

What's Inside My July Birchbox?

1. Korres Shower gel- A deliciously foamy body wash with aloe to keep skin soft long after you've toweled off and an exotically fragrance.

2. Philosophy Purity made simple one-step facial cleanser- The perennial award-winner is pH-balanced to gently clear away dirt, oil, and makeup without drying out skin.

3. Redken Shine Flash- A must for all Cynthia's runway shows, this weightless spray gives hair a brilliant sheen.

4. Ybf Beauty automatic eye brow pencil in universal taupe- A two-in-one brow-tamer: the comb brushes hairs into place, while the creamy pencil fills in sparse areas.

Also inside the box was a "Extra Kind" Almond & Apricot snack bar (which FYI tasted incredible!).

Product Thoughts
I obviously opened the tested out the almond bar, I'm a sucker for almost all things food related! Haha. It was delicious!!

As for the Redken shine spray I've used it about four times and can't tell much of a difference in the appearance of my hair but the scent doesn't bother me so I'll continue to use it and keep you updated!

Korres shower gel- The smell seems to be a tad bit manly to me but it feels great on the skin and definitely leaves my arms and legs feeling silky. All and all I like it enough to finish the sample but wouldn't repurchase it on my own.

Philosophy face wash- I haven't tried this yet but when I do I'll definitely share my thoughts. I've always wanted to try Philosophy's line so I'm excited to try this out!

I'm not big on shading in my eyebrows (though maybe I should be) but when I attempted to use it the whole entire thing popped out and broke? I've heard wonderful things on this pencil via QVC, sadly I won't be able to review this one for you guys! With that being said I sent the ladies at birchbox an e-mail about this issue and they could not have been sweeter or more helpful! Unfortunately, they are unable to replace the brow pencil as they no longer have any in stock but they offered me three other choices!! I could have another Korres shower gel, a Zoya nail polish or birchbox points. I chose a Zoya nail polish is the color "pandora".

Final Thoughts
I am above and beyond pleased with Birchbox costumer service. They e-mailed as soon as they were back in the office that monday morning and about twenty minutes after I replied they e-mailed me back and gave me a tracking number. I look forward to using the new products and am enjoying the ones that I am already using. If you're into beauty products, like samples and enjoy getting a little mini birthday gift each month I think you should sign up!! It's ten dollars a month and this months box was well worth it! Until next time, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment