Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 19, 2011



Lipstick Rants, Reviews & Swatches

I haven't always been one for lipstick and that's putting it nicely..haha. When I'd think about lipstick I'd think about my grandmothers and how they'd always leave makeup all over my face or dresses on holidays (I've always hated that!!!) and how sticky my cheeks would feel!

With that being said, after twenty-one years of never wearing lipstick or gloss, I caved. I started wearing MAC a couple years back and haven't stopped since. They have a program called "Back To MAC" which you can learn more about herehttp://www.maccosmetics.com/giving_back/btm_return_packaging.tmpl. In lamest terms you give them six of your empty containers and you can get a free lipstick, gloss or eyeshadow. If it's just a MAC counter than you can only get a lipstick, where as at a MAC store you can also get a gloss or shadow.


On To My Small Collection


MAC, E.L.F. Revlon, Maybelline, L'oreal, Wet and Wild, Rimmel

MAC
Angel, Creme D. Nude, Viva Glam Gaga, Pretty Please, Snob

(Colors in order from left to right- Snob, Pretty Please, Viva Glam Gaga, Angel, Creme D' Nude)

E.L.F. Revlon, Maybelline, L'oreal
Runway Pink, Natural Nymth, Pink Sugar, Soft Nude, Born With It, Fairest Nude
(Colors in order from left to right- Fairest Nude, Born With It, Soft Nude, Pink Sugar, Natural Nymth, Runway Pink

Wet and Wild, Rimmel, E.l.F.
902C, Airy Fairy, Classy
(Colors from left to right- Airy Fairy(Rimmel), Classy (E.L.F.), 902C (Wet and Wild)

Thoughts
I'll start off by saying that I love MAC lipsticks, if I had to choose a favorite company, it would be MAC. The color payoff is incredible and the they smell and taste like vanilla.

E.L.F. mineral lipsticks I don't find having a scent or taste. They can be really drying, than again my MAC lipsticks dry my lips out also and they are about ten dollars more than E.L.F! As for the cheap lipsticks from E.L.F I hate the scent and taste, I dislike it so much that I won't even use the one I purchased (though the color is a great dupe for MAC Angel).

Wet and Wild...ugh. I don't like the texture, colors or anything about them. I've heard great things about them and how inexpensive they are, maybe in the future I'll give them another try!

Rimmel has nice colors but again with the fruity scent!! Why can't lipsticks all be unscented or taste like vanilla?!

As for Maybelline, I really do like the shade Born With It. It's light and sheer but adds a nice sheen to your lips. It reminds me more of a gloss than a lipstick shade. The scent is fruity.

I have one L'oreal lipstick in the shade Fairest Nude which I had heard amazing reviews on. Nude lipsticks are always hard to buy. You can never tell if it's an orange nude, pink nude or it has more of a brown hue. This lipstick looks brown on my lips and I hate it! Haha I wanted to love it but between the color and horrific scent, I can't!

Conclusion
These are all my own thoughts about these products and not meant to "bash" or "put down" the people who might happen to love what I dislike. We're all different and what works for some skin tones might not work for others. I hope you enjoyed this long, ramble about my lipsticks as I enjoy reading others reviews so much!! Take care :)

No comments:

Post a Comment